Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Water Extraction in Northern Queens
Once our SERVPRO team has completed the thorough inspection and damage assessment, it's time for the exciting part – the water extraction process! This is where we start to see real progress, as we use our powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly and efficiently remove any standing water from your property. Whether we're dealing with a small leak or a major flood, you can count on us to get the job done right.
Our goal is to make sure that your Northern Queens property is as dry as can be, and with our state-of-the-art equipment, we're able to remove hundreds or even thousands of gallons of water in no time. So, sit back and relax, we've got this! Let SERVPRO take care of all your water extraction needs and get you one step closer to a fully restored property.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Northern Queens can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.